Sunday, May 25, 2008

More Than Half-A-Decade


Six years ago, May 25, I met this guy named Aaron Yap. The date had significance to the both of us. It is the special day of our then favorite duo, M2M. As Marion Raven was celebrating her birthday in 2002, a lot of fans were greeting her on her online guestbook. So then, I thought of sending them (my fellow fans) an email, too. I introduced myself and wanting to befriend with them. I emailed like 20 or 30 fans, but only half replied, and one of them was Aaron.

I don't know, but once I received his very first message, I felt his warmness. Since then, we always exchange emails, until a nice friendship was developed. Year after year, I could say that our friendship keeps stronger and stronger.

Like a typical friendship, however, ours is not perfect, too. There were times that I didn't like his attitude. (sorry) Sometimes, I think, his concern is out of line. It is exaggerated, I think. I don't know if he is just the over-protective type, or what. Believe me, there were even times that I tried to leave him, but I guess, half-a-decade is too hard to let go.

Other than that, I am happy to report that we are going smoothly.

Today, Marion Raven is no longer in my favorite list, (I still love her, though) but thanks to her. I would not be able to meet Aaron without her. Not even at Marit Larsen's site, I bet.



Every now and then
We find a special friend
Who never lets us down
Who understands it all
Reaches out each time you fall
You're the best friend that i've found
I know that you can't stay
A part of you will never ever go away
Your heart will stay
I'll make a wish for you
And hope it will come true
That life would just be kind
To such a gentle mindIf you lose your way
Think back on yesterday
Remember me this way

I don't need eyes to see
The love you bring to me
No matter where I go
And I know that you'll be there
Forever more a part of me, you're everywhere
I'll always care

I'll be right behind your shoulder watching you
I'll be standing by your side in all you do
And I won't ever leave
As long as you believe
You just believe

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Thanks for putting up with me for six years. I know I'm not perfect, so I apologise for any wrongdoing on my part.

Happy Anniversary to you too;)