Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bad Luck Comes In Fours


I started my day today by doing non-sense stuff; watching a movie on DVD. Actually, the very first thing I thought as I woke up today was to do my house chores. I thought I was in mood. Our house was a bit messy this morning. I started by sorting things in the kitchen area. While doing so, a butter knife fell behind our rice container. I couldn't reach for it, so I had to move the container. As I was grasping the knife, my head bumped onto our kitchen mirror that is hanging. Its border is made up of hardwood. It hurts. So then, I thought, doing house tasks as early as that time was not a good idea. I was a bit lazy, too, so I have decided to just spend the time to watch a nice film on DVD. I was home alone, by the way. When the film was running, I headed to the kitchen and get something to eat. It was so dark in the kitchen, but I preferred not to turn the lights on, since I’m used to the place. Without knowing that our one-foot glass rice container was in the aisle, (yeah, my bad, I’ve forgotten to put it back to its proper place) my left leg bumped onto it. I was rushing for the food, so it bumped so hard! Bad luck; part of my head is swollen, then I got a bruise 4 inches below my left knee. Actually, by then I didn’t think of those incidents as bad luck.

Earlier this afternoon, I was set to go out with a friend. Before that, I was having my afternoon-snack when I heard my cell phone ringing. It was in my room, so I rushed upstairs, but then I missed it. While standing in my room, I heard somebody was knocking at our gate, so I rushed once again. I was almost downstairs when all of a sudden, I got slipped! My butt was badly hurt. But, that was not the bad thing. As my butt was on the stair, I saw my fone fell, like 5 feet, to the ground, and it was divided into two pieces! Jeez! My fone still works, but it still needs to be fixed. The bad thing is that, the fone I am using was not bought here in my country, its model was not out to sell here, and so, its parts are not available here. I have to import its part. I don’t know if I would do that, but I hate my situation right now. I’m using my fone’s touch pad and stylus, and I’m not used to that! Stylus is giving me a hard time to send SMS. I need a keypad :( I’m still hoping though, that my fone’s company, Nokia, could help me. :(

As my rendezvous with my friend was approaching, I lost the excitement. I was worried about my fone. While thinking as to how I would be able to fix my fone, I recalled those bad things that had happened to me this day. It could be the what they say, ‘the set of bad luck’, but for my case, I got 4, three of them were physical injury. Despite those things, I still went out with my friend, and thank God, nothing bad happened outside.

Anyway, whether it was a bad luck or not, the moral lesson is; finish what you have started, and be careful! LOL :)

As update, my butt has developed a huge lump with a nice colored-bruise :) Good thing is, I can still sit. I can’t lie back, though. It’s killing me, I swear! My bruise on my leg is huge, too. It’s about 1 ½ inches in circumference. My head is quite fine, but still swollen. I know! It’s not even Friday-the-thirteenth yet. Or, what I had was just a pre-Friday-the-thirteenth? No!! *knock on wood*

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Wow. I couldn't help but smile while reading this entry. Sorry sis:P

You need to be more careful. And yeah, if all that happened to me, I'd be more concerned about my phone than myself.

Anouk said...

Haha :p funny thing though, you wrote this one day before Friday the thirteenth (some ppl here say that that day is kinda doomed haha :P)

Haha days like that... ;)

rhEa said...

OMG, Anouk! :) Hehe, thnx for passing by my Blog, really appreciate that :)

About Friday the thirteenth, yeah, sum people here too, believe that that day is a curse, or sumthing like that..bad luck and anything, LOL.

Anyway, as update, I don't think I'd still gonna be needing sumone to fix my fone. Haha, I'm getting used to its touch pad and stylus!! Woohoo! And, yeah, it's cool! Thnx to that day. I wouldn't be able to appreciate my fone's capabilities if not to that 'bad luck' day. :p