Monday, April 20, 2009

It Was A 'Friendly' Date

I did not get enough sleep the night before Saturday. Excitement was the main reason. On the big day, luckily, I was not late as opposed to what I used to be when we were still dating.

While waiting, I was figuring out where he would take me. He said it is a surprise. Few minutes later, an SUV was honking, and then rolled its window. OMG! It was him!

My heart was beating crazily as I hopped in his car. I could not believe how successful he is. The car is his brother’s, he told me, but still he is a successful guy. He noticed the smell of my hair as I buckled up, “You’re still using the same hair conditioner” And, I was giggling deep inside. We were so quiet the first few minutes. I don’t know to him, but me, I was so nervous. I didn’t know what to ask him. The questions I gathered the night before Saturday vanished.


“So, where we’re going”, I started. He said he’s taking me to a nice, far, place. I knew there was nothing to worry, I still trust him. Then we talked about a lot of stuff, as he drives, but then most often we were so quiet. Maybe we were adjusting ourselves. It two years ago the last time we went out. After two hours, we finally arrived at the ‘far’ place. OMG! This is the same city where he first proposed his feelings to me, will he do it again this time?


We dined-in at an American-setting restaurant. Again, there was a lot to talked about while we were eating, but not about us. After having our dinner, we walked to a nice park, with nice temperature, a bit cold. I thought it was a nice place for him to tell me about what he feels, but still, he didn’t say anything about it. He didn’t even tell me about dating new girl, nor asked me if I was dating. Until it was getting late, then we went back to his car, and drive back home. It was just a ‘friendly’ date, I told myself, as we were getting in the car.


On the road, he kept on noticing my figure. I look slimmer than before, he insisted, but I wouldn’t believe him. He even asked me why I lose weight. Deep inside I was, like, “it’s because I’m missing you”. I liked it when he passed his fingers through my hair, touched my shoulder to check if I feel cold or sleepy. Shit! I wish those touches mean something. I really miss you! :(


He dropped me home, and the ‘date’ was over. And, no talking about the stuff I wanted to talk about happened. I t was totally a friendly date, I realized. It was fine with me, at least I was able to spent some hours with him. I wish, though, he would still invite me again next time. And, if that happens, I swear, I will be the one to open the issue between the two of us. I really want you back! :(


I'll do whatever it takes
To turn this around
I know what's at stake
I know I've let you down
And if you give me a chance
and believe that I can change
I'll keep us together whatever it takes



No comments: