Tuesday, June 12, 2007

--Correction--

My bad. I really didn't catch the whole story about the news that I stated in my last entry about Miss Julia Campbell. I'm sorry, it is not a 'tree planting' like what I've first said was dedicated to her. Please, bare with me, I've just heard the news on an AM station with a choppy reception.


Anyway, the program was about a community in Baranggay in the municipality of Asipulo in Ifugao, ("baranggay" is like a district here) dedicating 12 hectares of forest land to Miss Julia. They built a memorial park in the name of her. It is the Julia Campbell Agro Memorial Park.






---STILL ABOUT JULIA---


Yesterday, June 11, our president, Mrs. Gloria Arroyo, GMA as she is known here, awarded the Golden Heart Order on Miss Julia, for her dedicated service to the Philippines. The Order of the Golden Heart award was established in 1954. It is given to government officials and civilians, including foreigners, who have helped improve the plight of impoverished Filipinos.

It is heart-warming to hear that people keep on remembering her. Hail to those who keep on doing so. I'm really hoping that she's happy wherever she is right now.


"We want more than this world's got to offer
We want more than the wars of our fathers
And everything inside screams for second life
We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
We were meant to live"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. It might interest you to know that the website has been recently updated. Do drop by.
-k villa for the juliacampbellampark.org