Tuesday, June 26, 2007

We Can Do Better Next Time, I Know We Can



Wow, it's been a while since the last time I updated my Blog. Well, I would supposed to still take a lot of time more for me to do it again if not with this thing that just happened earlier. I really needed an outlet to over come what I'm feeling right now.



I have mentioned in my last entry about my courses this semester. One of those is the feasibility study, which is, as they say, the hardest part of being a college student. Hardest, because it needs careful study for every details in our research project. Our group, by the way is doing a research on establishing a restaurant, since we are taking up Hotel and Restaurant Management.

Earlier this evening, our group has experienced how it is being rejected. Nope, it was not really our group, but our work. It was when our teacher found so many mistakes and corrections in our report. Every night during my summer vacation, I always prayed to God to give me a nice group to be with. A group that is dedicated to its work. It's not that I'm complaining with my group mates, but I think it was our fault why our work got rejected. I noticed right from the start that we are lacking communication, weak in sharing thoughts and ideas. Maybe because most of us have just met this semester. We still don't know each other that much. Each member, though is cooperative.

Our group was also pissed off, because we were embarrassed by our teacher. The way she rejected our report was so derogatory. She blatantly embarrassed us to the whole class. Couldn't help ourselves, but smiled sarcastically. Why did she has to say out loud our mistakes? She could have just called us and told us her comments and bad remarks silently, as how she does it with the other groups. Actually, I do not want to have a weird feeling on her, I don't even want to think that our group is her least favourite, but that's what we feel. I don't know. Or, maybe I'm just saying this, because I'm so disappointed. A part of me is saying that I'm just misinterpreting her. That somehow I'm still thinking she still observes fairness and impartiality. Well, we'll see in few days. Anyway, I still love her, she's still one of my favourite college teachers.

Earlier this evening when I came to class, I was in good spirit, but when our teacher has checked our report, I was disappointed. I was discouraged. I wanted to give up. I was sharing the same feeling with my group mates. I wanted to give up, I was like.. "If we have been rejected with the very first part of our reports, what more soon?" I was discouraged to go through, but I thought of Miss Julia Campbell. Nope, she didn't mention about her feasibility study when she was schooling on her Blog, but I just thought of her to go through. She was a brave girl. I'm not giving up. I know our group can do better next time.

So good luck to me and to my group mates. I will do my best to have a good communication within the group.

.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

It's all right, sister. I know you can do it better next time. Don't give up.